Is it my imagination, or have I finally found something worth living for?
So I guess it's my turn (Bryant) to write an entry in Eric's blog.
Before I begin, heres a little disclaimer:
I view a blog as somewhat of a public diary... It's not some literay piece of work. There will be spelling mistakes... I tend not to use periods... and I kinda just ramble and use slang where I deem appropriate. Any views expressed in this blog are not only the opinion of the author (me) but will be accepted as fact. Also anything that Eric's writes about a HOTD which includes myself, is complete and I repeat COMPLETE fiction.
Lets begin....
Yesterday began with Cecile and I driving to Vegas. The car ride wasn't too bad... and I have to say that there was only an instant that I feared for my life. Everything else was ok, and I did my best to be a great back seat driver.
So we get to Eric's around 5ish... Thats pm btw. I guess I could use military time, but I can never get it right. But then again, those who know me already know that. So we get there and the place is pretty cool. The first thought that comes to my head is, "Wow, how did Eric move all this furniture here?". The idea of a furnished apartment is completely new to me. So we chat for a while about some ceratin things that I don't want to talk about here... BTW Eric's monitor is flickering pretty badly...
After that we go to Caeser's to play some poker. Everytime I go there I think of Caeser's challange. Do you remember that? It was some game show hosted by Ahmad Rashad.. All I remember about the show is that they had some guy dressed as a centurion and the announcer would go "Caeser says stop." I think that guy, the centurion, was on one of the WSOPs. Can anyone verify this? Anyway, that show was great, but it wasn't on the level of Deal or No Deal. I hate to admit it but I'm addicted to that show...
Speaking of shows, I missed the office last night... That show is hilarious... I'm only starting to get into it after watching 40 year old virgin. It may seem like I watch a lot of TV, but those are probably the 2 shows that I only watch. I did see the south park when Chef came back though.
Should I write about poker? The session at caeser's was pretty good. I thought I played pretty well. I have about 200 at this point, at a 1 - 2 NL game. I have A-9 off. Some guy raises to 10 and I call. Lets not debate whether or not I should have called. People always seem to complain, you called a raise with that? You can generally tell if a player is looser with his starting hands... A -9, you can't call a raise like that... What happens if an A hits? My theroy on this is that you have to be comfortable betting a hand if you play it. If an ace were to hit, I would bet. I mean lets say if I have AK, and call a raise and the flop comes A,10, 3. And I bet and get reraised... Depending on the player I get lay that down. People hate KJ but I love hands like that. So anyway I make the call... The flop comes 9, 6 , 3 diamonds. I have A diamonds and a 9. Its heads up... so the guy bets 25 into a 22 flop. What would you do? I put him on, at best an overpair. I guess I could have called, but the brunsen in me wouldn't allow it. So I raise to 75. He thinks for a bit and goes all in, covering me. I'm like crap....
So theres like 170 in the pot. Its about 100 for me to call. If he has an over pair, I have the 9 diamonds, 3 aces, and 2 nines. Thats at best. I figure 2 pair or an ace is good. So thats 14 outs. Against an overpair like Quenns w/o any diamonds, I'm 51% to win the hand. This is all according to card player btw... i didn't make this up... I figured i was like 14 x 4 = 56%. So i think about it and make the call.
He has the worst hand ever... For me that is... pocket 9's! I'm in trouble.... there goes 5 outs. So I'm in trouble but I can still hit a diamond and avoid a full house. So now I have around 9 outs giving me 27% to win the hand. The actual is 28.48%. So i'm in trouble. Turn comes rag, and river, comes rag... That's poker.
After that I rebuy in and play till 10... We leave and go eat... I had some fast food asian bbq pork nnodles. I had a craving for crappy asian food yesterday... For lunch I had Panda and now this. It was good though... Although it probably had a bunch of msg in it... No wonder my stomach hurts...
Anyway, after that we play till 1:15... That session I leave up like $20... only by giving some guy a huge bad beat... Eric may want to talk about this... So I leave for the day down $180.
Gas to Vegas: $30. Playing poker: $180. Having some guy yell at you for hitting a 3 outer: Priceless.
Overall, I don't know how Eric is playing so much poker... Its so hard to be on top of your game for that long... That leads to the title... Could you make a living playing poker? I dunno if i could do it....
As far as the title... I'd be surprised if anybody got it... It's a song on probably one of the best cd's of the 90's that didn't come out of america.
Ciao!

1 Comments:
What the hell you calling a raise with A-9 for?!
Post a Comment
<< Home